Friday, February 27, 2015
Serving a fast-growing and dynamic city in the heart of B.C.’s vibrant Lower Mainland, the Coquitlam Foundation encourages and supports creative philanthropy in our community by attracting, managing and distributing charitable contributions. Our vision is at once simple and profound: to improve the quality of life in the city we love.
We are aiming just as high in the search for our Executive Director. Our ideal candidate is energetic and resourceful, competent and caring, inspiring and insightful. If this sounds like you, then you just might be our person.
Reporting to the volunteer board, the Executive Director is accountable for all aspects of Foundation operations to ensure that the maximum quality is delivered within the policies approved by the board and that the expectations of the community are met.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Overall administration and operation
- Governance support
- Financial management and accountability
- Staff and volunteer management
- Strategic and operational plans
- Stakeholder relationship management
- Marketing and communications
- University degree, college diploma or equivalent professional development courses
- Demonstrated experience in administration, strategic planning and financial management
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated public relations and marketing experience, including event coordination
- Experience in fund development and donor relations
- Proficiency in use of social media, database management and accounting software
- A minimum of five years of related experience, preferably in a management position in a non-profit organization, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is a half-time, contract position, and offers an ideal opportunity to balance personal and professional interests by working from a home office. Knowledge of Coquitlam and its residents is an asset. Salary is negotiable based on experience and qualifications. If you are interested in this position, please email a cover letter and resume to Board Chair Janet Toddington at email@example.com by 5:00pm Friday, March 20, 2015.