When helping your client with their philanthropic wishes the Coquitlam Foundation offers two services:
- Establish an Estate Fund for your client, which clearly spells out the name and purpose of the fund.
- Provide feedback on whether the bequest or the desired purpose are appropriate.
- accurately reflects your wishes
- clearly and accurately identifies the charities you wish to support, or
- the purpose you wish to support has at least one local charity that can benefit from your gift.
- The gift has overly restrictive covenants to be of benefit to the Foundation or intended charity.
- The name of the charity is inaccurate.
- What happens if the charity doesn’t exist when you die or ceases to exist in the future?
- Are there any specific instructions you wish to provide? Example are that the the gift to be used only for a capital project or an endowed or a specific purpose within a charity?