Organization: Coquitlam Foundation
Job Title: Communications Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Period of Employment: up to 16 weeks @ 35 hours/week
With funding from Service Canada, the Foundation is excited to hire someone with experience in website design (WordPress), social media experience and strong editing skills.
The focus of the work is to improve the Foundation’s ability to reach out to the community and ensure all non-profits within the community know of the Foundation and how to apply for financial support. Another goal is to improve online tools to make applying for a grant easier to do and easier to access. In order to meet the first goal the student will help build a database of local not-for-profit organizations to enable the Foundation to communicate grant opportunities. Then the student will help build and prepare social media posts that are ready to go out throughout the year. The second goal will be addressed through the Foundation’s new website where a database tool will be added to enable individuals and organization to apply for grants, scholarships and bursaries through the Foundation’s website.
Duties and Responsibilities:
We’ve just completely revamped our website but are looking to take it to the next level. Ideally we would like to add resources to the website that allow us to be more efficient and professional.
- Have experience in WordPress
- Research and install a CRM
- Set up a system that allows for submission of grant/scholarship applications, which allows for login and document upload
- Set up a system that allows for registration for events
- Set up a system that accepts credit cards through the Foundation’s website
- Help update and maintain website
The Foundation has just had a social media consultant donate their time to the Foundation’s social media efforts. Working with the consultant the coordinator will:
- Utilize funding report to produce stories for our website that can be promoted over our social media channels.
- Set up social media for our events (AGM, Gala/fund raiser, awards night)
The Foundation is working on implementing its strategic plan and requires a hand full of various publications aimed at professional advisors (lawyers, accountants, insurance brokers). The coordinator will:
- Help produced one page leave behinds for each audience
- Look at and polish current publications in both text and layout
During the year the Foundation has several press releases it issues. Many can be pre-designed and written so the coordinator will:
- Draft several press releases related to events that are going to happen (awards night, funding reports, AGM and fund raisers).
- Service Canada Requirement:
- is between 18 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment
- is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*; and
- is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations. (Note*International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents)
- Experienced in web design, specifically in WordPress
- Strong experience in social media (Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin)
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision
- Good organizational skills
Send your resumes and cover letters to Dwight Yochim (email@example.com).