As the charitable heart of Coquitlam, the Foundation collaborates with community members, businesses, and local government to encourage people to INVEST in their community. Together we ENRICH and INSPIRE one another, using the earnings on the funds that are created to support important and needed community initiatives for youth, seniors, in health, the Arts, education/literacy, conservation, heritage and the environment.
The Role of Our Board
The Foundation’s board is a hands-on working board committed to being the charitable heart of Coquitlam. As part of the Foundation’s governance team, you will be leading the direction of the organization to implement the following strategic initiatives:
- Sharpen our strategic direction and discipline to enable a growing impact
- Grow our Funds to the next level
- Invest in creating our future – more paid time, more partnering
- Understand and engage the changing face of the community
The Foundation’s Board ensures our activities are in line with our goals, stewards our financial and in-kind resources, and helps build relationships with both the organizations we provide funds to and those who financially support the Foundation through the creation of funds or donations.
The Foundation Board meets almost every month. Meetings are in the evenings, from 6:00 to 8:00. Board Members also serve on at least one Committee, with additional meetings as required.
Our Mission & Activities:
The Coquitlam Foundation encourages and supports creative, targeted philanthropy that builds a vibrant, sustainable, and healthy community.
- hold fund raising events to support the administration of the foundation;
- hold an annual awards ceremony in June where we celebrate the students and organizations we provide funds to; and
- build relationships with donors and professional planners (estate planners, financial planners, funeral homes) to provide their clients with options
We do all this with three part-time contract staff, twelve board members and a handful of volunteers. You can learn more about the Coquitlam Foundation on our website.
Our board is currently seeking individuals with experience in event planning and who are also residents of Coquitlam, Past board experience and experience with MS Office 365 is a bonus.
We welcome individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply.
To request an application form please e-mail Dwight Yochim at email@example.com.