MORE INFO ON THIS FUND
The Rotary Club of Coquitlam was Chartered in March 1967. It is the first and the oldest Rotary Club in the Tri-Cities area.
We are one of nearly 33,000 Rotary service clubs in over 200 countries. Our members are business and professional people who are guided by the Rotary motto: “Service above Self”.
We support the needs of the elderly, youth and the less advantaged in the Tri-Cities. As well we support relief efforts in areas of the world such as Thailand, Mexico, and Africa and most recently Peru.
The purpose of this fund is to provide support to an individual, a ‘hand up” rather than a “hand out”, to assist him or her to continue on a path of:
- exemplifying Rotary Standards of Service (The Coquitlam Rotary Club believes very strongly in the concept of international, community and vocational service and firmly endorses the principals of “service above self”, the well known Rotary international motto);
- believing in self and integrating own authentic issue with broader issues of humanity;
- realizing talents to be used in life;
- realizing the power of an individual to bring about positive change;
- acknowledging the interrelationship of self, others and life in sustainable development
- acknowledging the issues of change relevant to the 21st century (eg: violence, environmental challenges, information technology, poverty, disproportionate distribution of wealth, resources and power, over consumerism”
- exemplifying acceptance of diversity of peoples within global society
- realizing that equality does not mean sameness
- demonstrating a balance between vision and reality, courage and integrity to work with daily challenges;
- realizing that daily challenges are metaphors of life: to resolve this is to resolve issue for humanity; and
- realizing the leverage of group organization to bring about positive change (eg: Rotary).
Must be nominated by self or others.
Please contact Coquitlam Rotary Club for more information and application for this award.
Click on the DONATE button and choose the fund title from the pull down menu.