Purpose of Fund:
Founded in April, 2017 by the Noura Homes and the Askarian family, the fund supports a number of charitable purposes in the Tri-Cities, including:
- providing financial assistance for and in support of women and children in need and requiring shelter, clothing and food or other support services, and to foster recovery, independence, education, and skills-training to become self-supporting;
- providing financial assistance for and in support of those with mental-health challenges;
- providing financial assistance for charitable programs that address a need of residents in the Tri-Cities communities.
For students the fund is also to:
- provide financial assistance to students through scholarships for attendance at post-secondary institutions or career training programs, particularly students pursuing training in the construction trades.
The scholarship will be awarded to a student who is enrolled in, or is an applicant to, a recognized post-secondary institution or career training program.A secondary school diploma or recognized equivalent is a pre-requisite. The applicant must have established a good academic record and must submit transcripts and letters of recommendation to support their application to the Foundation.The applicant must exemplify some of the following qualities: leadership, dedication, commitment, perseverance, sportsmanship, community spirit.
The scholarship award is not based solely on academic excellence — a well-rounded person should have a balance of scholastic achievement and community service that reflects positively on the quality of an individual.
How to apply for this fund:
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- demonstrate financial need
- have a history of school and community involvement
- demonstrate academic success sufficient to enter post-secondary
- begin designated studies within three years of formal notification of selection, and
- submit a written report upon completion of the applicable term of studies
How to donate to the fund:
There are several ways you can give to the Foundation. To see all the options click on the following link: Giving Options.
There are two popular ways you can donate to this fund. First, a cheque made payable to the Coquitlam Foundation can be sent to:
c/o 1207 Pinetree Way, Coquitlam, BC V3B 7Y3
Include a note that the donation is for the "Noura Homes Community Fund". Donations sent this way of $25 or more will receive a tax receipt.
The second way you can donate is through our online donation system, which is provided by Canada Helps, a non-profit organization. Through a fee of 3.5% to cover the cost of the credit card charge Canada Helps will issue you a tax receipt directly for your donations. We thank them for their partnership.