MORE INFO ON THIS FUND
Before he died in December 2009 at the age of 83, Mr. Stewart directed in his will that the foundation distribute monies to help people with Alzheimer’s and kidney disease as well as Tri-City students attending Simon Fraser University.
The James Gordon Stewart Fund is designed to support research into Alzheimer’s disease and kidney disease, to aid patients afflicted by those diseases, and to provide financial assistance to Tri-Cities students attending Simon Fraser University.
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- be a resident of Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam or Port Moody
- attend Simon Fraser University
- demonstrate financial need
- have a history of school and community involvement
- demonstrate academic success sufficient to enter post-secondary
- begin designated studies within three years of formal notification of selection, and
- submit a written report upon completion of the applicable term of studies
This fund is open for applications during our Application Window.
Click on the DONATE button and choose the fund title from the pull down menu.