Purpose of Fund:
The purpose of this fund is to increase the awareness of arthritis in the cities of Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, and Port Moody and to relieve the suffering of persons affected by arthritis in the Tri-Cities area through the provision of financial assistance to:
- Community groups whose principal purpose is related to acting in the interests of people affected by arthritis;
- Individuals who require assistance for the purchase of braces, splints and other aids;
- Further arthritis research; and
- Promote any other arthritis-related purpose.
- Three individuals administer this fund: a director of the Coquitlam Foundation, a representative of the Fulton/Hogg families and a representative of the Hang Tough Arthritis Support Group. If the Group ceases to exist, a representative is to be appointed by the Arthritis Society, BC and Yukon Division.
How to apply for this fund:
Each year, between early December and Mid-February, the Coquitlam Foundation accepts applications for its various funds. We will accept applications for this fund at that time through our application process.
2020 Community Grant Application
How to donate to the fund:
There are several ways you can give to the Foundation. To see all the options click on the following link: Giving Options.
There are two popular ways you can donate to this fund. First, a cheque made payable to the Coquitlam Foundation can be sent to:
P.O. Box 64710, Sunwood Square, Coquitlam, BC V3B 0H1
Include a note that the donation is for the "Shelagh Elaine Fulton Memorial Fund". Donations sent this way of $25 or more will receive a tax receipt.
The second way you can donate is through our online donation system, which is provided by Canada Helps, a non-profit organization. Through a fee of 3.5% to cover the cost of the credit card charge Canada Helps will issue you a tax receipt directly for your donations. We thank them for their partnership.