MORE INFO ON THIS FUND
Peter Legge is an inspiration to anyone who meets him! He lives his life dream as an internationally acclaimed professional speaker, a bestselling author and as Chairman & CEO of the largest independently owned magazine publishing company in Western Canada – Canada Wide Media Limited. He is a community leader, tirelessly devoting his time to many worthwhile organizations and a past Chair of the Vancouver Board of Trade.
For more than 40 years, Peter Legge has embodied the gutsy spirit of the entrepreneur. A savvy businessman with an uncanny ability to identify opportunities, Peter successfully developed what began as a small-circulation television listings magazine called TV Week into the foundation for a top Canadian enterprise.
The Peter Legge Literacy Endowment Fund was established in 2009 by philanthropist, publisher, author and motivational speaker Peter Legge, the Coquitlam Foundation’s honorary chair.
The fund is designed to provide enhanced educational and literacy opportunities for students and their families in School District 43.Uses of this fund will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Grants for the purpose of specialized learning tools or equipment to enable students to enhance their learning abilities
- Grants for support of projects that encourage students at all levels to participate more fully and successfully in their education.
- Grants for the creation of local literacy and/or adult learning opportunities.
Available to organizations:
- Who are on the Canada Revenue Agency’s List of Charities
- Whose activities are of benefit to the residents of Coquitlam
- Who meet the stated purpose of this fund.
Awards will not necessarily be made for each purpose every year.
This fund is open for applications during our Application Window.
Click on the DONATE button and choose the fund title from the pull down menu.