MORE INFO ON THIS FUND
This fund is established by Diane Stiglish, the daughter of Jack and Helen, to honour her parents for all their hard work over the years. Diane was born in New Westminster in 1948 at the Royal Columbain hospital. She worked at TELUS for 33 years before retiring in 2003.
Diane has lived in Coquitlam for 41 years. She aims to address the issues she has seen with seniors, in particular those who are isolated and live alone, as well as to support women who need a helping hand in furthering their education.
The purpose of this fund is as follows:
- The first priority is for a scholarship(s) for women (such as single or unwed mothers, divorced women, women getting out of an abusive relationship) who have demonstrated a financial need for assistance and who are going into studies that will eventually allow them to work in the geriatric field.
- The second priority is for a grant for programs that assist seniors with no immediate family, who are alone and isolated by providing services and resources to address the isolation and to help them in their homes such as gardening, cleaning, getting groceries, medical attention. Programs should be designed to allow the senior to do what they want to do, not just what someone else says they should do.
Available to organizations:
- Who are on the Canada Revenue Agency’s List of Charities
- Whose activities are of benefit to the residents of Coquitlam
- Who meet the stated purpose of this fund.
Awards will not necessarily be made for each purpose every year.
This fund is open for applications during our Application Window.
Click on the DONATE button and choose the fund title from the pull down menu.