MORE INFO ON THIS FUND
The Tri-Cities Community Response Fund was setup in 2020 to help not-for-profit organizations so they, in turn, can help the people in our community who need food, family or individual supports or other essentials in these challenging times.
Many people in our community have lost their jobs or had a big cut in their income, and are having trouble paying for basic necessities and caring for their families and loved ones – we don’t know when this will change. Many of the support organizations in our community who would typically help residents in these times of crisis are also hurting because donations are down substantially.
All proceeds will stay within the Tri-Cities to help local residents. Please give if you can.
- The Tri-Cities Community Foundations are responding to COVID-19 by raising funds. As part of a National Movement of 191 Community Foundations across Canada, we kicked off our campaign with a “Stay at Home Gala” on May 1, 2020. (more info here)
- We have heard concerns from charities, non-profits of the adverse economic effects of COVID-19 on their operations.
- We see a great need throughout the Tri-Cities already in critical care and supports for our community and feel we have a responsibility to respond.
- We want to combat the social distancing effects in our community and the isolation of vulnerable people in our communities.
- The Tri-Cities needs a united front to respond TOGETHER. We will direct funds and donors to the right need at the right time.
Available to organizations:
- Who are on the Canada Revenue Agency’s List of Charities
- Whose activities are of benefit to the residents of Coquitlam
- Who meet the stated purpose of this fund.
Awards will not necessarily be made for each purpose every year.
This fund is open for applications during our Application Window.
Click on the DONATE button and choose the fund title from the pull down menu.