MORE INFO ON THIS FUND
Founded in 2013, the Coquitlam Foundation Community Fund (“CFCF”) draws several previously separate foundation-directed funds–including the the Builders’ Trust Fund, the Community Wellness Fund, the Cultural Fund, the Education Fund, the Environment Fund and the Heritage Fund–into one large community fund. This rebalancing gives the Foundation greater flexibility to better respond to a wide range of community funding requests.
The new CFCF is aimed at promoting the well-being, primarily, of residents living in or near Coquitlam, including for the following charitable purposes:
- providing care for persons in need and, in particular, for the sick, aged, destitute and helpless; promoting the betterment of underprivileged;
- disadvantaged or delinquent persons;
- promoting educational advancement and scientific or medical research for the increase of human knowledge and alleviation of human suffering
- promoting recreational activities and the conservation of human heritage or natural resources;
- providing for such cultural, educational; or
- other charitable purposes as may be desirable and supporting the operations of the Foundation to meet its objectives.
The Foundation may make grants from the Fund to be determined at the sole discretion of its Board. In making grants from the Fund to charitable organizations or individuals, the criteria may include:
*Builders Trust Grant
To foster, promote and increase public appreciation of, and public interest in, the fine arts, the performing arts and the literary arts within the City of Coquitlam, with preference given to support construction, provision, acquisition, improvement or maintenance of an arts facility open to the general public, operated on a not-for-profit basis, located in the City of Coquitlam and designed or used to promote public interest in, and public appreciation of, the fine arts, performing arts or the literary arts or the creation or acquisition of artistic or literary works for public display.
*Community Wellness Grant
To fund projects which encourage community wellness, and to provide funds to charitable organizations for crisis situations to help individuals or families in need and resident within the City of Coquitlam.
To provide funding assistance to organizations for cultural services or multicultural initiatives including theatre, music, dance, library and fine arts.
To support educational-development programs, enhance programs in arts and science, and/or provide for bursaries and scholarships to post-secondary students residing in Coquitlam.
To provide resources for specific projects and programs aimed at enhancing, preserving and protecting the environment.
To help ensure that Coquitlam’s heritage is preserved and its contribution to the present is recognized with grants made for physical assets, awareness projects and one-time programs or projects.
Available to organizations:
- Who are on the Canada Revenue Agency’s List of Charities
- Whose activities are of benefit to the residents of Coquitlam
- Who meet the stated purpose of this fund.
Awards will not necessarily be made for each purpose every year.
This fund is open for applications during our Application Window.
Click on the DONATE button and choose the fund title from the pull down menu.