Thank you for considering the Coquitlam Foundation as a funding partner for your project. The Coquitlam Foundation is proud of its 25+ year history of encouraging and supporting creative, targeted philanthropy that builds a vibrant, sustainable, and healthy community. Our vision for the City of Coquitlam is a community where quality of life is enhanced by residents and organizations creating lasting legacies by contributing to endowment funds that benefit a broad range of eligible organizations.
The attached application form is for the Coquitlam Foundation’s Community Grants program. We are pleased to make available grant funds to organizations whose applied project specifically benefits the residents of the City of Coquitlam. The Coquitlam Foundation and/or private donors have established funds in the following areas; interest earned annually on these funds may be allocated for distribution to the community. Submissions in these categories are invited, but awards will not be necessarily be made in every category every year.
- Arts and Culture
- Education and Literacy
- Health and Community Wellness
- Heritage, Historical, or Conservation
- Seniors in need
Typically the maximum available to one organization has been $3,500.
Note: Applicants must be registered charities or partnered with a registered charity able to accept the funds on behalf of the project. To share funds as widely as possible within our community, an organization may be granted an award for two years in a row, but then are asked to wait a year before applying again.
The application window will open December 1, 2020. The deadline for submissions is February 15, 2021 at 4:00pm
How to Submit an Application
- Your application must be emailed to email@example.com using the PDF form attached below.
- Submit your entire application and information as no more than 3 PDF files attached to your email.
- Use the words “2021 APPLICATION” in the subject line of your email. Applications that are submitted in any other file formats will not be accepted.
You can expect to receive an email response within 3 business days acknowledging our receipt of your application.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Coquitlam Foundation reserves the right to disqualify any applications that are incomplete, late in being submitted, illegible and/or do not otherwise follow the submission guidelines.
Applications are reviewed by a volunteer citizen-based committee appointed by the Coquitlam Foundation. Final decisions are ratified by the volunteer Board of Directors of the Coquitlam Foundation. Successful applicants will be notified in May and will be invited to attend the Coquitlam Foundation Awards Celebration Evening (date and location TBA) to accept the award.
Application Form Link
Please click the link to access and download the application form as a fillable PDF: 2021 Community Grant Application – COMING SOON
Community Grant Application Form Checklist
Once you have completed your application, come back to this checklist to ensure you have everything.
- My organization is listed on the CRA’s “List of Charities” or I am partnering with one that is Please see this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/charities- giving/charities-listings.html
- I have saved the file in the same fillable PDF format
- I have named the saved file with the following format: “OrganizationName_2021_Application.pdf”
- For example, “CommunitySociety_2021_Application.pdf”
- I have properly filled out my contact information
- I have selected the category that best fits my project
- I have completed the project budget
- I have demonstrated a financial need for support
- I have included the organization’s statement of assets vs liabilities and revenues vs expenses
- I have included a list of the board of directors
- I have included a list of the organization’s staff and positions