MORE INFO ON THIS FUND
The Trevor Wingrove Bursary Fund was established in 2013 in the memory of Trevor Wingrove, a long-time local lacrosse star and respected City of Coquitlam manager who died of cancer at the age of 42 in 2010.
Bursaries are to be awarded for post-secondary education or training to a student-athlete who has played lacrosse with the Coquitlam Minor Lacrosse Association for at least two years. Winners must graduate from high school, have a good academic record, and exemplify some of the qualities that made Trevor Wingrove an inspiration on and off the lacrosse-box floor, including: leadership; performance; dedication, commitment and perseverance; and sportsmanship (respect for teammates, opponents, officials and self).
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- demonstrate financial need
- have a history of school and community involvement
- demonstrate academic success sufficient to enter post-secondary education
- have played lacrosse with the Coquitlam Minor Lacrosse Association for at least two years
- exemplify the qualities of leadership, performance, dedication, commitment and perseverance
- begin studies at a recognized post-secondary institution within three years of formal notification of selection
- submit a written report upon completion of the applicable term of studies
This fund is open for applications during our Application Window.
Click on the DONATE button and choose the fund title from the pull down menu.