Purpose of Fund:
The James Gordon Stewart Fund is designed to support research into Alzheimer's disease and kidney disease, to aid patients afflicted by those diseases, and to provide financial assistance to Tri-Cities students attending Simon Fraser University.
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- be a resident of Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam or Port Moody
- attend Simon Fraser University
- demonstrate financial need
- have a history of school and community involvement
- demonstrate academic success sufficient to enter post-secondary
- begin designated studies within three years of formal notification of selection, and
- submit a written report upon completion of the applicable term of studies
How to apply for this fund:
Each year, between early December and Mid-February, the Coquitlam Foundation accepts applications for its various funds. We will accept applications for this fund at that time through our application process.
How to donate to the fund:
There are several ways you can give to the Foundation. To see all the options click on the following link: Giving Options.
There are two popular ways you can donate to this fund. First, a cheque made payable to the Coquitlam Foundation can be sent to:
c/o 1207 Pinetree Way, Coquitlam, BC V3B 7Y3
Include a note that the donation is for the "The James Gordon Stewart Fund". Donations sent this way of $25 or more will receive a tax receipt.
The second way you can donate is through our online donation system, which is provided by Canada Helps, a non-profit organization. Through a fee of 3.5% to cover the cost of the credit card charge Canada Helps will issue you a tax receipt directly for your donations. We thank them for their partnership.