Purpose of Fund:
The James Gordon Stewart Fund is designed to support research into Alzheimer's disease and kidney disease, to aid patients afflicted by those diseases, and to provide financial assistance to Tri-Cities students attending Simon Fraser University.
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- be a resident of Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam or Port Moody
- attend Simon Fraser University
- demonstrate financial need
- have a history of school and community involvement
- demonstrate academic success sufficient to enter post-secondary
- begin designated studies within three years of formal notification of selection, and
- submit a written report upon completion of the applicable term of studies
How to apply for this fund:
Each year, between early December and Mid-February, the Coquitlam Foundation accepts applications for its various funds. We will accept applications for this fund at that time through our application process.
2020 Scholarship and Bursary Application Form
How to donate to the fund:
There are several ways you can give to the Foundation. To see all the options click on the following link: Giving Options.
There are two popular ways you can donate to this fund. First, a cheque made payable to the Coquitlam Foundation can be sent to:
P.O. Box 64710, Sunwood Square, Coquitlam, BC V3B 0H1
Include a note that the donation is for the "The James Gordon Stewart Fund". Donations sent this way of $25 or more will receive a tax receipt.
The second way you can donate is through our online donation system, which is provided by Canada Helps, a non-profit organization. Through a fee of 3.5% to cover the cost of the credit card charge Canada Helps will issue you a tax receipt directly for your donations. We thank them for their partnership.