MORE INFO ON THIS FUND
Born in Vancouver, British Columbia, Mobilio was a long-time member of the Vancouver 86ers turned Vancouver Whitecaps. He played 14 seasons beginning with the team in the Canadian Soccer League, later joining the American Professional Soccer League, before finishing up a Whitecap. He retired from the professional outdoor game in 2001.
Upon retirement, Mobilio worked as a technical director with the Coquitlam City Soccer Association and became a coach of youth soccer in Coquitlam.
The fund’s purpose will be to assist members of the Coquitlam City Soccer Association to pursue post secondary education programs in memory of Domenic Mobilio.
- applicants must be under 23 years of age;
- bursaries will be awarded every year to a boy and a girl who meet the selection criteria established by the Coquitlam City Soccer Association and Coquitlam Foundation;
- applicants must enclose a transcript of their grades and other information that may be deemed appropriate from time to time by the Coquitlam Foundation and the Coquitlam City Soccer Association;
- applicants must have played for Coquitlam City Soccer Association for a minimum of three years and must have established a good academic record;
- additional consideration will be given to students who have demonstrated a commitment to the game of soccer and Coquitlam City Soccer Association by volunteering at camps, clinics and tournaments. Refereeing, coaching and other volunteer positions are also preferable;
- equal consideration will be given to applicants of all playing abilities;
- Domenic Mobilio provided inspirational leadership to the Coquitlam City Soccer Association and applicants should exemplify those leadership skills. His philosophy is best reflected in the following quote: “It is better to try your best than be the best” It is anticipated that successful bursary applicants will also have demonstrated their adherence to this philosophy.
This fund is open for applications during our Application Window.
Click on the DONATE button and choose the fund title from the pull down menu.